Monday, October 1, 2012

A Little Update

Hey all, how ya doing? As I mentioned in a recent post, things have been pretty crazy around here. I didn't want to go into specifics, because after all, this is a blog about comic books. But, it is also about romance and many times, about the heartache that romance brings. And I my friends, have been going through some intense romantic heartache. I seem to be going through all the emotions that come along with the end of a long-term relationship and keeping up on here has been majorly difficult for me. I am sort of at a crossroads I guess you could say. So much in my life is changing and as this change was not anticipated, I am struggling with sorting out all the other aspects of my life, including Sequential Crush.

But do not fear, this is definitely not the end of the blog or of my exploration of romance comics! I have always intended for Sequential Crush to turn into something big, and I am by no means there yet. And believe me, I want to get there! But for now, if things are spotty and posts not as frequent as they really should be, I apologize in advance. I know I don't need to, but I really treasure each and every one of you for being a loyal reader and taking the time out of your schedules to read about this unique and important genre of comic books. It pains me greatly to take a little step back, but I just hope that doing so will give me the propulsion I need to move forward.

Jacque

22 comments:

  1. Oh, I just started following this blog and love it. Sorry to hear of your troubles, take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, April! Glad you found the blog -- I hope you will enjoy going back and reading some past posts. I find it hard to stay away completely, so I know I will be popping in for another post soon! :)

      Delete
  2. I do love reading you here but wish you good things in the real(er) world. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely no need to apologize. Hope everything works out - best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jacque, I'm so sorry you are going through this. Please take all of the time that you need to heal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The problem with life is that it keeps interrupting blogging. We're here when you get back. Take your time and take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking of you, Jacque - take what time you need, we'll still be here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much everyone! You truly are some of the nicest readers out there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Take care of yourself. First things first.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have enjoyed reading this blog more than I expected, I hope you make it through your troubles and find your way back to happiness. Good luck, we'll still be here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish you all the best, Jacques, and you'll know when the time will be right to dive back in here.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, major breakups bite. Best wishes.-Fraser

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sorry to hear about your heartache.
    Take care.Sending a big hug to you.
    Looking forward to your future posts.
    /A follower of Sequential Crush

    ReplyDelete
  13. You all are seriously the best. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awwww, sorry to hear that....sending you a big hug! I'm a huge fan of Sequential Crush, every post always makes my day and I'm actually rather sad that you're taking a step back, will miss it lots, but can totally understand it of course...
    hang in there and take care,
    a fellow scholar (Dutch researcher at Swedish university :))

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yikes! What can I add? Take good, loving care of yourself and come back when you're ready. You inspire loyalty, what's a few weeks or months?

    Good luck. Time to cash in some of that good karma you no doubt have a bountiful supply of.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hang in there Jacque. We're all pulling for you... no matter whatever direction life takes you in.

    The site is cool, YOU are coo....l and like the other say, remember you've a steady loyal base of retro romance followers who love these gems you throw up online!

    Best,

    ReplyDelete
  17. I don't know what words would console your heartache, but I do know a song

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BioNW_DNlg&feature=related

    ReplyDelete
  18. Surely reading all these romance comics has taught you that true love is waiting just around the corner and that you should never give up on love.

    If nothing else, keep track of your feelings and emotions and maybe you'll have enough material to write your own love stories someday.

    Good luck Jacque.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hope it all works out and you come out well. I'm sure you will. Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'll second my good wishes and prayers for you. Glad this is The Blog That Will Not Die.

    ReplyDelete

Comic Blog Elite